Appraisal Institute Job Opening
Position Title: Classroom Education Coordinator
Department: Education Resources
Job Purpose Statement:
Responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative and operational tasks associated with the development and production of classroom education courses and seminars. The Classroom Education Coordinator keeps the classroom education department’s workflow moving efficiently; tracks the status of multiple development and production projects; adds to and updates databases to ensure accurate delivery of education materials; reviews and reconciles monthly department expenses; processes payments for product development; maintains and updates education web pages; generates contracts and reports; proofreads, writes, and/or edits projects and presentations; assists Education Resources department with special projects as needed. Interacts with internal team members in meeting services, finance, legal, education delivery, and IT as well as with external print vendors, students, and members of the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Determines release dates, problem solves delivery issues, compiles ship/print information, and drafts blueline notifications regarding new/revised education programs. Updates all databases with new inventory codes and information.
- Revises and/or creates course/seminar material templates on AIMS database. Includes network provider order, instructor order, library/staff order, and online registration system (OLRS) student material order.
- Applies functionality to and uploads interactive bookmark PDFs of new and revised education materials to the Knowledge Center. Monitors site and assists Education Delivery Sr. Manager when necessary with other administrative tasks related to the Knowledge Center.
- Prepares materials for state certification: PDF of materials, SC timetables, suggested schedule. Ensures materials are delivered to state certification department within specified time frame.
- Oversees Pearson Vue Computer Center online exam process. Maintains exam list (codes, neutralized questions, multiple versions, when sent/when approved/when go live dates). Tracks retirement of exams and new/replacement exams. Sends exam to productions specialist for upload then proofs online Pearson exam against print version. Notifies Pearson of revisions. Upon approval, determines release dates and notifies relevant staff.
- Enters course examination information (answer keys and exam feedback to students) into database accurately and quickly.
- Interacts with Information Technology team regarding education production issues connected to the AIMS database.
- Prepares paperwork for course/seminar developer and reviewer contracts. Proofreads and edits deadlines and payments to ensure all information is accurate. Tracks approval process and files electronic paperwork.
- Answers student questions regarding classroom education programs; assists members, developers/reviewers when necessary.
- Coordinates conference room, hotel accommodations, and catering needs with Meeting Services team for in-house development meetings and walkthroughs.
- Copy edits and proofreads education materials when necessary.
- Creates and updates Web pages and Web page templates for seminars and courses using CMS (content management system).
- Periodically reviews Web information for user-friendliness, accuracy, and market appeal. Prepares downloads.
- Creates database for payment schedule for development of all new education programs. Upon completion of drafts and reviews, prepares electronic invoice through Docuware.
- Prepares invoices for expense reports following development meetings, walkthroughs, and premieres. Reviews Docuware weekly to make sure checks have been processed.
- Prepares necessary paperwork royalty agreement payments. Monitors and updates payment spreadsheet as necessary.
- Conducts monthly reviews of classroom education budget. Reconciles discrepancies.
- Assists Sr. Manager of Classroom Education with annual budget and re-forecasts.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assists the Sr. Manager of Classroom Education, Managing Editor, Manager of Seminar Development, and Director of Education Resources with special projects.
- Orders office supplies for team, maintains classroom education library, and prepares copyright applications for new education programs.
Physical And Visual Activities: Standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, carrying, reaching, handling, sitting, fingering, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, field of vision, color vision.
Physical Demands: No significant demand associated with this job.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Usual office environment
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Internet.
- Familiarity with databases.
- Knowledge of basic HTML code, project management software (MS Access preferred), and database experience.
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, confident, proactive, and thrives in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, extremely organized, and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Solid business writing and proofreading skills required.
- Solution oriented; ability to develop a plan of action.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work alone and on a team.
- 3 years of administrative work experience for a publishing or non-profit organization preferred.
- Not-for-profit association experience (in a communications and publications role) is strongly preferred.
Machine, Tools, Equipment (Office & Industrial), Software:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel). Advanced skills, especially in PowerPoint, preferred.
- Proficient in general office equipment (fax machine, telephone system, copy machine, etc.)
Support an inclusive, aware culture throughout the Appraisal Institute. Demonstrate a commitment to advocating diversity and when working with committees, member panels, project teams, staff teams and supplier vendors.
To Apply, Send Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com.