Become a Practicing Affiliate!
Why become a Practicing Affiliate?
- Work towards entering the Candidate for Designation Program
- AI Benefits provide educational materials and resources that will help you advance your career
- Enjoy affiliation with a local chapter and network with seasoned professionals
- Visit the Appraisal Institute Career Center to search for jobs and post profiles
Who can become a Practicing Affiliate?
- Individuals who provide Service(s) as defined by the Code of Professional Ethics (CPE). Service(s) as defined by the CPE include: appraisal, appraisal review, appraisal consulting, and real property consulting. Individuals who may qualify for this category could include, state certified, licensed, trainee, provisional, and registered appraisers (or have the equivalent education), or any individual who may provide Service(s) as defined by the CPE.
What are the requirements for Practicing Affiliate?
- Within each CE cycle, Practicing Affiliates must complete 70 hours of Continuing Education. CE must include:
- Complete applicable USPAP requirement (to be completed within the first year of affiliation and in each following CE cycle)
- AI Business Practices and Ethics course (to be completed within the first year of affiliation and in each following CE cycle)
- Advanced Continuing Education (ACE) Requirement
For more details on the Appraisal Institute Continuing Education program, please visit our CE Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Practicing Affiliates will be required to obtain state certification (or equivalent if state certification is not required) and enroll in the Candidate for Designation program within a certain timeframe (details can be found in the Appraisal Institute Bylaws)
What are Practicing Affiliate fees?
- Fees are $330 per year, but are prorated to join between February and November. Individuals joining after November are charged the full fees for the upcoming year.
>> JOIN AI NOW!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-7JOINAI (888-756-4624).