The Appraisal Institute designated 41 members in December, including 31 who received the MAI designation, nine who received the SRA designation, and one who received both MAI and SRA designations.
C. Matthew Crider of Greenville, S.C., received both the MAI and SRA in December.
Juan C. De Jesús of San Juan, Puerto Rico; Joyce D. Felt of Sandy, Utah; James T. Green of San Dimas, Calif.; and Justin D. Slack of Seattle, who already were SRA members, received their MAI in December.
Other members who received their MAI designation in December include:
• Kaori Arai, MAI, Saitama, Japan
• Juan D. Arias, MAI, South Plainfield, N.J.
• Michael Ashworth, MAI, Franklin, Tenn.
• Jonathan B. Banz, MAI, Salem, Ore.
• Gregory H. Bucklin, MAI, Seattle
• Jason Chin, MAI, Portland, Ore.
• Patrick Devinger, MAI, Berkeley, Calif.
• Craig M. Dickson, MAI, Erie, Colo.
• Joseph P. Gibson, MAI, Brentwood, Tenn.
• Michael E. Hall, MAI, Puyallup, Wash.
• Oscar L. Hill Jr., MAI, Pittsburgh
• Jie Li, MAI, Ping Xiang, China
• Christopher J. Mealy, MAI, Renton, Wash.
• Craig P. Miller, MAI, Valrico, Fla.
• John Emanuel Nidecker, MAI, Seattle
• Jorge L. Pagan, MAI, Bismarck, N.D.
• Colin F. Radford, MAI, Seattle
• Michael Anthony Ruiz, MAI, Houston
• Carrie Russell, MAI, North Vancouver, British Columbia
• Charles M. Seney, MAI, Winter Haven, Fla.
• Lane B. Smutz, MAI, Arlington, Texas
• John B. Stevely, MAI, Cape Canaveral, Fla.
• Michelle M. Swallow, MAI, San Jose, Calif.
• Keith D. Thurman, MAI, Wenatchee, Wash.
• Troy D. Van Drimmelen, MAI, Kaysville, Utah
• John D. Wall, MAI, Salt Lake City
• Jeremy J. Winter, MAI, Bloomington, Minn.
Jo Ellen Jarvis, of Vancouver, Wash.; Thomas W. Kral of Tucson, Ariz.; and Denise R. West of Alexandria, Va., who already were MAI members, received their SRA in December.
Other members who received their SRA designation in December include:
• Judy A. Dowdy, SRA, Truckee, Calif.
• David B. Herring, SRA, Bardstown, Ky.
• Patricia M. Race, SRA, Pittsburgh
• Leonardo Rodriguez Garcia, SRA, Dorado, Puerto Rico
• Douglas B. Rose Jr., SRA, West Alexandria, Ohio
• John F. Thomas, SRA, Eupora, Miss.
Designated members make a commitment to advanced education and defined ethical requirements. The MAI designation is held by appraisers who are experienced in the valuation and evaluation of commercial, industrial, residential and other types of properties, and who advise clients on real estate investment decisions. The SRA designation is held by appraisers who are experienced in the analysis and valuation of residential real property. Find more information on designations. See the full list of AI members who have received designations.