This one-day introduction course focuses on the evolution of green buildings, the concept of sustainability in buildings, and the principles, practices, and components that distinguish sustainable from traditional buildings.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Sustainable Buildings Professional Development Program. For a list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you'll need to successfully complete the program, click here.
- Recognize competency and USPAP implications of appraising green buildings.
- Understand the evolution of green buildings.
- Understand the six elements of green building.
- Identify benefits and costs of green buildings.
- Recognize the green building certification and ratings programs for energy conservation and sustainability.
- Understand the primary areas of green reporting.
- Understand highest and best use implications.
- Consider the three approaches to value in context of green buildings.
|This course is approved for GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC. |
Table of Contents and Overview [PDF]
Course Schedule [PDF]
The Dictionary of Real Estate Appraisal, 5th ed.
Appraising Residential Properties, 4th ed.
An Introduction to Green Homes
The Appraisal of Real Estate, 14th ed.
To order books and other materials go to
Please contact the sponsoring chapter for information on fees applicable to chapter programs.
A financial calculator is required.. The accepted model used in the course is the HP-12C. Note. Cellular phones, tablets, iPads, and other devices that connect to the Internet are NOT permitted during the exam.
8 (including 1-hour exam)
To receive credit, participants must attend 100% of the program.
Click Here for State Approvals
AI CE Credit
- Attend Only = 75 points
- Attend and Pass= 125 points
Who Should Enroll
Appraisers, lenders, underwriters, public officials, architects, designers, attorneys, property tax assessors, builders, AMCs