This one-day course introduces participants to valuation methods for appraising the high performance house. Participants learn the appraisal procedures for valuing green residential properties to assist in supporting an opinion of value. The course focuses on the valuation process in different appraisal problems encountered in appraising green properties. The valuation process is examined as it applies in each of the three approaches to value.
In-depth case studies will help participants develop their problem-solving skills in this new building technology. The case studies represent the real estate market in 2009-2010, and the problems and discussion questions are based on real-life examples provided by builders, real estate agents and appraisers.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Sustainable Buildings Professional Development Program. For a list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you'll need to successfully complete the program, click here.
- Develop ways to assess potential contributory value of green or energy efficient items.
- Identify the GRM analysis as a tool for supporting adjustments for green buildings.
- Identify the use of paired analysis to support adjustments for green buildings.
- Identify the issues requiring careful verification of comparables for green buildings.
- Develop the three approaches to value in context of green buildings.
|This course is approved for GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC. |