This course meets current and future AQB criteria by engaging appraisers in practical writing exercises necessary to produce convincing appraisal reports in daily practice. Course objectives are achieved through the discussion and application of residential valuation procedures, grammar rules and writing techniques, and specific writing assignments based on a residential case study. Participants will practice writing effective narrative comments for form appraisal reports and learn how to explain valuation procedures and conclusions to users of reports. The techniques applied in this course are useful in real-life situations that complicate routine assignments.
Note: QE 2008 Course
Do I have to take the 1-hour course exam?
You are required to complete and pass a proctored offline exam if:
- you are taking this class to meet state qualifying education requirements
- you are taking this class to meet the qualifying education requirements for an Appraisal Institute designation
You may be required to complete and pass a proctored offline exam if:
- you are taking this class to meet state continuing education requirements. Most states do not require the exam for CE credit, but please confirm this with your state licensing board.
You are not required to complete and pass a proctored offline exam if:
You will have 90 days from the time that you complete the course to take the proctored exam. Testing center locations in your area can be found by clicking on this link: www.pearsonvue.com/ai.
- if you are taking this class to meet the continuing education requirements of an Appraisal Institute designation
- Be exposed to and practice writing skills that will help them explain valuation procedures and conclusions to the intended user of their appraisal reports
- Practice writing effective narrative comments for form appraisal reports
- Review appraisal techniques and professional appraisal standards from a practical standpoint
- Critique and complete an appraisal assignment of a single-family property
AI CE Credit for Designated members, Candidates for Designation and Practicing Affiliates
This program is approved for 1 hour of Appraisal Institute CE credit for every hour taken.