Please Note: If you register in the remaining 2009 sessions of this class, you must finish the material by December 30, 2009, or you will run the risk of having state approval issues.
This course addresses topics that were not included in the older version such as International Standards, diversity, and Regulation No. 5. The examples and case studies address real-life, up-to-date matters such as mortgage fraud and advocacy. The course contains relevant and much-needed information for members.
Module 1: Appraisal Practice: A Contemporary View
Module 2: Creating a Mission Statement
Module 3: Assignments
Module 4: Process Improvement
Module 5: Code of Professional Ethics, Certification Standard, and Guide Notes of the Appraisal Institute
Module 6: The Appraisal Institute's Enforcement Process
Module 7: Towards Improved Professionalism
Module 8: Ethical Dilemmas
- Which standards apply to Appraisal Institute members and when they apply
- The key principles of the Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Institute
- How to identify and avoid behavior that violates the Code of Professional Ethics
- The correct way for Associate and Designated Members to use the Appraisal Institute's designations, emblems, and logo
- How the Appraisal Institute's enforcement process works and what it means to an individual member
- The importance of diversity as business strategy
- Business practices that are unacceptable in a customer service industry such as appraisal practice and ways to avoid unacceptable practices
NOTE: Due to some content specific to the Appraisal institute, the AQB has approved this course for 5 hours of CE. Check with your state for approved credit hours. Appraisal Institute members will receive 8 hours of A.I. credit.
AI CE Credit for Designated members, Candidates for Designation and Practicing Affiliates
This program is approved for 1 hour of Appraisal Institute CE credit for every hour taken.
Please note: Promotional pricing for Business Practices and Ethics is no longer in effect.