Marketability Studies: The Six-Step Process and Basic Applications will help you understand the fundamentals of market analysis while taking you, step-by-step, through two real world case studies. You’ll leave this seminar with practical exposure and new insights to basic market analysis whether you are a newer or more experienced practitioner! Use this seminar as either a refresher or as an introduction to the Appraisal Institute’s General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use course. In addition, the seminar also serves as an excellent prelude to the Appraisal Institute’s counterpart seminar, Marketability Studies: Advanced Considerations and Applications.
In this program, you’ll cover structured market analysis while applying the Six-Step Process on two non-complex appraisal assignments. The process is not advanced, but lays the foundation necessary to apply advanced techniques. Most appraisal assignments can be handled using the process and the techniques demonstrated in this seminar! The two examples in this program can be used as a future guide for use in an appraiser’s practice.
At the end of this seminar participants should be able to:
• Recognize the importance of market analysis and marketability studies to highest and best use and market value.
• Understand the 6-step process of market analysis.
• Apply basic trend analysis.
• Perform a Level B marketability study for a Class B office property.
• Perform a Level B marketability study for a suburban residential subdivision.
• Apply Level B marketability studies to support conclusions for the three approaches to value.
It is recommended that students have a laptop computer with MICROSOFT Excel 2007 or 2010 loaded and operational to perform some hands-on graphing exercises during the seminar. If you do not currently own MICROSOFT EXCEL, you can download a free copy for 60 days at
Microsoft Excel Free Trial.