Appraisal Institute Members: To download this recording for free, please login and visit the VFR Webinar page.
This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on April 16, 2009.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. In addition, Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Introducing Valuation for Financial Reporting
Date: April 16, 2009
Duration: 1 hr, 10 min
As the financial reporting industry continues to change to meet the needs of investors, it is relying less on historical cost-based accounting and moving to a market based, fair value system. Become familiar with the financial reporting industry and the work that comes from those who prepare and rely on financial reports as well as the authoritative standard-setters that govern their requirements. By understanding VFR, appraisers – who are valuation specialists – have a great opportunity to fulfill a growing need in this changing climate. Participants who are new to valuation for financial reporting (VFR) will:
- Learn about the need for real property valuation services.
- Discover what VFR is and isn't, and why fair value is important.
- Gain an understanding of the language of VFR and learn how to speak to clients.
- Realize how their existing appraisal skill set is suited to the role of "real property valuation specialist."
- Become familiar with Financial Accounting Standards No. 157.
- Review case studies of financial reporting assignments.
- Recognize how VFR relates to the International Valuation Standards.
Pat Asay, MAI, Manager of Lands and Permitting, Northwestern
Thomas Boyle, MAI, Chief Appraiser, U.S. Bancorp Real Estate Tech Services
Michael Hedden, MAI , Managing Director, American Appraisal Associates
Andrew Smith, MAI, Partner, KPMG LLP
Jesse B Vance, Jr., MAI, SRA, President, Vance Real Estate Services