This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on July 1, 2010.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. In addition, Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Financial Reform Legislation: Appraisal and Real Estate Impacts
Date: July 1, 2010
Duration: 60 minutes
This webinar recording provides the details of the pending Conference Report on H.R. 4173, the Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010. This legislation, if enacted, would mark the first modernization of Title XI of FIRREA since 1989, addressing several issues of concern to the appraisal community.
Other significant provisions within the Conference Report include:
- Establishment of a federal appraisal independence standard, sunsetting the HVCC
- Provisions to separate AMC and appraisal fees on the HUD-1 Statement
- State AMC registration requirements
- Enhanced appraiser competency provisions, including clarification regarding consideration of professional appraisal designations
- Financial resources for oversight and enforcement
- Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations, Appraisal Institute
- Brian Rodgers, Manager of Federal Affairs, Appraisal Institute