This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on April 10, 2013.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. In addition, Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Commercial Bankruptcy, Workouts, and the Valuation Process
Date: April 10, 2013
Duration: 2 hours
Learn how your valuation expertise can be used for bankruptcy and workouts at this timely webinar!
If you are interested in performing work for bankruptcy and workouts, you won't want to miss this webinar. A leading bankruptcy attorney and trustees will provide a complete overview of the bankruptcy process and detail how valuations are used in bankruptcy proceedings. Additionally, they'll provide an informative update on bankruptcy court cases relevant to valuation practitioners.
- Identify the bankruptcy process and distinguish between different types of bankruptcies.
- Discuss how appraisals are used in bankruptcy.
- Recognize the needs for other valuation work: fresh start accounting, preference litigation, lease rejection, and plan feasibility.
- Explain the most recent bankruptcy court cases and lessons learned when preparing work for consideration by the court.
- Recognize the roles of trustees and examiners.
- Apply the special bankruptcy court requirements, such as billing.
- Understand the valuation methods, USPAP considerations, and reporting for bankruptcy court.
- Market yourself to bankruptcy professionals to diversify your assignments.
Robert E. Dietrich, MAI, Director, Navigant Capital Advisors
Wayne Elggren, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
Grant Lyon, President, Odyssey Capital Group
Robert Miller, Esq., Leader, Bankruptcy Practice, Bryan Cave, LLP