Responsible for assisting with the coordination of new classroom education program development including development and walkthrough meetings, seminar topics, RFPs, proposals, contracts, schedules, draft development and review, marketing, premieres, and post-premiere evaluation. Edits seminar and course handbooks and PowerPoint presentations. Drafts marketing copy. Assists with scheduling and coordination an effective marketing plan for new education programs. Maintains and updates education web pages.
· Coordinates RFP process. Sends proposals to chair of education.
· Prepares paperwork for course/seminar developer and reviewer contracts. Proofreads and edits deadlines and payments to ensure all information is accurate. Tracks approval process and files electronic paperwork.
· Monitors arrival of manuscript drafts, ensures adherence to project specifications and deadlines, prepares manuscript drafts for peer review, tracks peer reviews as they come in. Flags consistency issues with content. Sets up conference calls and assists with facilitation of calls when necessary to discuss content. Notifies coordinator when payments are to be processed.
· Assists with the review of final pre-edited manuscript drafts to ensure organization is logical, content is complete, and submitted materials comply with contract agreement. Prepares notes to editor/production specialist; discusses edit and production of manuscript with team.
· Interacts closely with marketing staff to implement marketing plans for each new program. Compiles suggested marketing schedule, target audience lists from AIMS, other suggested audiences to market to; proofs all copy and checks links; tracks marketing and records enrollment numbers.
· Annually reviews existing seminar inventory. Prepares rationale for retirement consideration.
· Works closely with Client Education Manager to monitor governmental agencies and other entities regarding changing methodologies, technologies, and regulatory impact on the practice of appraisal. Scans the appraisal landscape for potential program topics.
· Handles special development projects including creating materials from existing courses or seminars, editing, and drafting blueline notification information.
· Answers student questions regarding classroom education programs; assists members, developers/reviewers when necessary.
· Interacts with developers, review teams, and development team members.
· Handles other projects as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Classroom Education or the Director of Education Resources.
· Edits presentations, seminars, courses as needed. Reorganizes and rewrites content when necessary. Edits for grammatical correctness, logic and clarity. Evaluates and improves presentation of all components. Uses InCopy to enter changes, proofreads, and prepares components for InDesign formatting.
· Assists with all revision updating tasks associated with USPAP and textbooks.
· Prepares materials for state certification: PDF of materials, SC timetables, suggested schedule. Ensures materials are delivered to state certification department within specified timeframe. Compiles data and produces documents for AQB content matrix.
· Drafts and/or edits classroom education marketing copy for Appraiser News Online, web site, broadcast e-mails, Chapter FYI, education online catalog, and other marketing handouts to be used at trade shows, national premieres, and national meetings. Proofs copy.
· Creates and updates web pages and web page templates for seminars and courses using CMS (content management system).
· Periodically reviews web information for user-friendliness, accuracy, and market appeal. Prepares downloads.
· BA degree in English or Liberal Arts
· 1-2 years editing experience
· 3 years experience working for a publishing or non-profit organization (preferred)
· Interest in and appreciation for producing quality education products
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent editing, proofreading, and business writing skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects at once
· Ability to analyze data
· Strategic and creative thinker
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Enthusiastic self starter with ability to work well independently and on a team.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
· Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe InDesign and InCopy preferred
· Knowledge of basic HTML code and database experience
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, carrying, reaching, handling, sitting, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, field of vision, color vision.
Physical Demands: No significant demands associated with this job.
If interested in apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.