Advanced Market Analysis and Highest & Best UseRegister
- April 22 - May 2, 2024
- Appraisal Institute
- Gary S. DeWeese, MAI
- Class Time
- 30 hours
- Exam Time
- 3 Hours
- Full Price
- AI Price
Enroll by May 2!View Pricing Options
Combining the analytical processes of market analysis, highest and best use, and income valuation, this course is intended for those who have taken and passed the General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use course and have a thorough understanding of the mathematical and financial principles necessary to perform appraisals of income-producing properties. Building on the Level B marketability analyses that were applied in General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use, you will perform Level C marketability analysis using fundamental analysis and study several real estate markets in a fictional city. You’ll explore the economic base of the fictional city, which serves as the subject and example of both physical and economic forces that affect all communities and consequently all real estate. You’ll also work through four case studies (apartment and condominium conversion, retail, industrial, and land with potential for mixed-use development) that demonstrate both the power of fundamental market analysis and its application to highest and best use decisions.
Who Should Enroll
- Candidates for Designation who are working toward an MAI designation
- MAIs who want to enhance their knowledge and skill base in market analysis/highest and best use
AI CE Points
Attend & Pass Exam:
|State||QE/CE||Course & Exam||Course Only||Exam Only||Delivery Format||Approval Format||Start Date||Expire Date||State Code|
- Recognize the definitions of market analysis, market, market study, and marketability analysis.
- Recognize how market analysis applies to the determination of highest and best use.
- Identify ways of determining financial feasibility.
- Recognize applications of market analysis to the valuation process.
- Identify ways that social, physical, economic, and institutional support systems in urban areas ultimately determine land use.
- Identify the six basic steps used to conduct a marketability analysis.
- Complete rating grids about a subject property’s characteristics to draw conclusions about its competitive position.
- Recognize procedures for delineating a subject property’s market area.
- Forecast demand for office, apartment, condominium, retail, and industrial space.
- Conclude supportable demand for various property types.
- Calculate residual demand for various types of space.
- Forecast subject capture and draw conclusions about a property’s market rent and occupancy rate over a given time frame.
- Advanced Education Diagnostic Test
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- National Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) Course, 15-Hour
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- General Appraiser Income Approach/Part 1
- General Appraiser Income Approach/Part 2
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
Course Materials & Recommended Books
|Rate||Full Price||AI Price|
Today thru 05/02/2024
Have Exam Questions?
Additional Course Offerings
|Bluegrass Chapter||August 12-16, 2024||Louisville, KY||Classroom||View Details||Register|
|Appraisal Institute||December 3-13, 2024||Synchronous||View Details||Register|
|Washington Idaho Montana Chapter||June 24-28, 2024||Spokane Valley, WA||Classroom||View Details||Register|
|Chicago Chapter||March 11-15, 2024||Chicago, IL||Classroom||View Details||Register|