Appraiser Law in the Real WorldRegister
- May 9, 2024
- Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- Peter Christensen, Esq.
- Full Price
- AI Price
Who Should Enroll
|Course & Exam
|0010619 (South Florida Chapter)
|0010619 (Florida Gulf Coast Chapter)
|0010619 (Northeast Florida Chapter)
Additional Course Offerings
Peter Christensen is an attorney whose practice is focused on legal and regulatory issues concerning real estate valuation. He is the author of Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms, published by the Appraisal Institute in 2019. He is also a co-author with the National Fair Housing Alliance of the report to the Appraisal Subcommittee entitled Identifying Bias and Barriers, Promoting Equity: An Analysis of the USPAP Standards and Appraiser Qualifications Criteria (January 2022).
Please note: This class will be held by live stream synchronous interactive classroom technology. Students are required to have a computer, webcam and microphone. It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment to participate and receive continuing education credit.
Live stream/Synchronous Classroom Guidelines:
• Students must have a computer, webcam and microphone capabilities to participate and receive continuing education credit
• The instructor must be able to physically see and interact with all students and students must be able to interact with the instructor
• A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter Office as verification after you have registered and prior to the start date
• You will receive a separate email from the chapter office with log-in access information. Please contact the chapter office if you have any questions regarding the participation guidelines at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Class materials will be emailed to you prior to the class
State CE Credit: This is a live stream/synchronous class and is only approved for Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board and Appraisal Institute continuing education credit. For other states, you should determine current education approval and requirements.
Continuing Education Credit:
Appraisal Institute: 20 points
Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board: 4-Hours, #0010619
Live stream/Synchronous Continuing Education: 4-Hours. Please note this class is only approved for Florida and Appraisal Institute continuing education credit.
Login and Roll Call: 12:30 – 1:00 PM
Class Instruction: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
By using real-world cases, this seminar educates real estate appraisers about key legal concepts, laws and issues of current concern affecting appraisal practice.
The course answers specific questions for appraisers, such as:
• How does USPAP relate to professional negligence?
• What’s the most important language in an appraisal report – in relation to an appraiser’s potential liability?
• How does the Gramm Leach Bliley Act really apply to appraisers?
• Why should I use an engagement agreement for non-lending work? Where can I find a good sample?
• What are the most common reasons appraisers are sued?
• How should I handle a subpoena?
• What’s the difference between a fact witness versus an expert witness – why does it matter?
• How have appraisers found themselves as the targets of investigations and lawsuits alleging racial discrimination?