Top 15 Takeaways and Lessons from Your Colleagues' Legal MisfortunesRegister
- March 7, 2024
- Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- Peter Christensen, Esq.
- Full Price
- AI Price
Who Should Enroll
|Course & Exam
|0010620 (Northeast Florida Chapter)
|010620 (Florida Gulf Coast Chapter)
|0010620 (South Florida Chapter)
Additional Course Offerings
Please note: This class will be held by live stream synchronous interactive classroom technology. Students are required to have a computer, webcam and microphone. It is the student's responsibility to have the required equipment to participate and receive continuing education credit.
Live stream/Synchronous Classroom Guidelines:
- Students must have a computer, webcam and microphone capabilities to participate and receive continuing education credit
- The instructor must be able to physically see and interact with all students and students must be able to interact with the instructor
- A copy of your driver's license must be emailed to the Chapter Office as verification after you have registered and prior to the start date
- You will receive a separate email from the chapter office with log-in access information. Please contact the chapter office if you have any questions regarding the participation guidelines
Login and Roll Call: 12:30 – 1:00 PM
Class Instruction: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Attorney Peter Christensen will offer 15 takeaways and lessons from legal situations and cases involving appraisers. What can appraisers learn from their colleagues' legal misfortunes?
Here are some of the takeaways offered:
- How does USPAP relate to a professional negligence claim?
- What's the most important language in an appraisal report – in relation to an appraiser's potential liability?
- What legal problems have copying and pasting information from Wikipedia into appraisal reports caused appraisers?
- How does the Gramm Leach Bliley Act really apply to appraisers?
Peter Christensen is an attorney whose practice is focused on legal and regulatory issues concerning real estate valuation. He is the author of Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms, published by the Appraisal Institute in 2019.