Sample Materials for Services
Draft Your Own Engagement Agreements
Using a written agreement to set out the details of an assignment is sound business practice. Appraisal Institute created sample materials to help you draft your own engagement agreements.
Though neither the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) nor the Appraisal Institute Code of Professional Ethics requires them, a written agreement:
- Details the terms of the assignment.
- Provides written evidence of both the client and appraiser’s agreement to the terms.
- Provides the basis for the resolution of disputes arising from the providing of services.
- Encourages the parties to address issues that might not otherwise be addressed.
AI’s sample materials address non-litigation and litigation appraisal assignments, but can be easily edited or modified to accommodate review or other assignments.
View the sample materials below, as well as the legal agreement for using these documents.
Sample Materials for Non-Litigation Services
Terms and Conditions
Sample Terms and ConditionsDownload Sample Terms and Conditions
Appraisal Services Agreement
Sample Appraisal Services AgreementDownload Sample Appraisal Services Agreement
Sample Cover Letter to Appraisal Services AgreementDownload Sample Cover Letter
Engagement Materials: Instructions for Use
Sample Engagement Materials for Non-Litigation Services: Instructions for UseDownload Instructions for Non-Litigation Services
Sample Engagement Letter for Non-LitigationDownload Sample Engagement Letter
Sample Materials for Litigation Services
Engagement Letter for Litigation Consulting/Expert Witness Services: Instructions for Use
Sample Engagement Letter for Litigation Consulting/Expert Witness Services: Instructions for UseDownload Instructions for Litigation Services
Engagement Letter Appraisal Consultant/Potential Expert Witness Designation
Sample Engagement Letter - LitigationDownload Sample Engagement Letter
By viewing the sample materials above, you agree to the following:
- These materials (samples and instructions) are designed to provide helpful information and to serve as a resource in the preparation of letters of agreement or engagement, which may create legally binding obligations on the parties.
- These reference materials are provided with the understanding that Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services. Appraisal Institute does not assume any responsibility or liability for any services performed pursuant to use of or reliance upon these materials, nor does AI make any representation or warranty that these materials contain terms and conditions appropriate to any particular appraisal assignment.
- Under no circumstances shall AI be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of these materials.
- Users should seek the advice of competent local legal counsel in the preparation of letters of agreement and engagement in part to ensure that users’ interests are properly represented, that terms and conditions are appropriate for any particular appraisal assignment, are enforceable, have the desired meaning and are compliant with local laws.