Leadership Development and Advisory Council (LDAC)
Fostering Creative Talent in the Real Estate Appraisal Profession
The 2024 Leadership Development and Advisory Council (LDAC) conference will be held May 15-17 at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center in Washington, D.C.
The Leadership Development and Advisory Council (LDAC) is a group of dedicated appraisers who come together once a year in Washington, D.C., to formulate solutions to challenges faced by the appraisal profession.
LDAC fosters creative thought from talented real estate appraisal professionals and generates future leaders of the Appraisal Institute. LDAC also establishes an appraiser presence in Congress demonstrating that the Appraisal Institute recognizes the importance of active involvement in the political process.
LDAC has served as a source of leadership and as an inspiration for new programming ideas for the Appraisal Institute since 1969. Through a series of roundtable discussions, LDAC provides a forum where ideas and opinions on targeted topics of concern to the appraisal profession are exchanged.
- LDAC is your springboard for future leadership within the Appraisal Institute.
- Make a difference in the Appraisal Institute by formulating solutions to obstacles and challenges faced by the appraisal profession.
- Have your voice heard by the nation’s lawmakers.
- Up to 45 Points of Appraisal Institute continuing education (CE) credit may be earned for participating in LDAC. Please refer to Regulation No. 10: Continuing Education for more details. (CE will be granted at the end of the conference, after full participation is documented.)
How to Participate
Registration for LDAC 2024 will open on February 21 at noon EST on this page.
Up to 125 individuals participate annually in LDAC. Participants must be a Designated Member, Candidate or Practicing Affiliate in good standing with the Appraisal Institute.
LDAC Registration 2024
The following items are required for LDAC registration and must be submitted online at the time of registration:
- Registration form to be completed by the applicant online at the time of registration
- Headshot photograph of applicant (suitable for conference program book); and
- Registration fee of $680
Once the program reaches capacity of 125 participants, a waiting list will be started. When a registrant cancels, the waiting list will be contacted in order of position on the list. If the individual contacted chooses not to register, the next person on the list will be contacted.