Teach a Class
What It Takes To Be an Appraisal Institute Instructor
The Appraisal Institute provides best-in-class education thanks to our dedicated instructors. Our instructors draw from years of real-world valuation experience to share their practical knowledge and passion for the profession.
Have you thought about teaching a class with AI? Join our community of approved instructors and leverage your unique skills and insights to lead others to success.
What are the requirements to become an AI instructor?
- Be an AI Designated Member. There are exceptions for Ph.D.s, D.B.A.s and Ed.D.s.
- Have teaching experience and/or training.
- Complete an Instructor Qualifying Conference (IQC).
What is the IQC?
The IQC includes virtual and live components. It has two goals:
- To assess the communication and instruction skills of potential AI instructors.
- To review educational principles and practices for potential instructors to effectively teach AI programs.
Will I be granted approval to teach AI programs after attending the IQC?
Attendance alone does not guarantee approval to teach AI programs. Prior to the conference, you’ll create a video of yourself “teaching” content from one of AI’s courses. You’ll also be required to do a live presentation and impromptu presentation. AI's Education Committee grants final approval.