Take a Deep Dive Into Real-Estate-Based Litigation
Take a deep dive into real-estate-based litigation and your role as an appraiser.
During this professional development program, you will:
- Analyze eminent domain actions and appraising for condemnation.
- Review specialized types of litigation where valuation of real estate is frequently an issue.
- Learn how to bring value to the litigation arena, including how to market yourself.
- Gain practical strategies for providing expert testimony.
The Litigation program includes the following three courses:
The Appraiser as an Expert Witness: Preparation and Testimony (16 Hours)
Learn the basic concepts and strategies needed to engage in litigation valuation.
Litigation Appraising: Specialized Topics and Applications (22.5 Hours)
This course covers specialized topics, such as:
- Environmental contamination
- Ad valorem tax assessments
- Construction defects
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Income and estate tax disputes
- Inverse condemnation
- Contract disputes
- Equitable distribution in divorces cases
Condemnation Appraising: Principles and Applications (22 Hours)
This course will take you through:
- The eminent domain process.
- Rules and regulations governing condemnation appraisals.
- Important issues unique to this appraisal specialty.